1000 Place Fully Slatted Ventilated Finishing House - Centre Passage, 2 Rooms
To supply, construct & erect Building and Equipment, on a Baseworks by others.
Price: £150,530.00 +VAT (price valid as at June 2015)
To supply materials & labour to construct Baseworks for the above building, including the laying of slats
Budget Price: £49,670.00 +VAT (price valid as at June 2015)
- Size: Nominally 15.68m x 48.42m.
- Laminated Panel Height Eaves, nominally 2.22m with Stainless Steel Flashing to Slat level.
- Roof pitch 1:4, nominally 14 degrees.
- Rooms: Building to be in 2No rooms, each nominally 15.40m x 24.00m Internally.
- Pens: A total of 20No Pens, each pen is to accommodate 50No pigs and measures 4.80m x 7.24m providing nominally 0.70m² per pig.
Fully slatted fan ventilated finishing house
Finishers 35—105 kg growing at 950—1030 g/day
A new building results in better performance which results in a quicker payback.
New finishing house £200/pig place 500 pigs/batch
- Better performance FCR –0.5 (£10) and B&B (£8) = £18/pig
- Throughput 4.2 batches/year = £76/pig place/year
- 2.6 year payback excluding any interest payments
Actual figures from a standard finishing house
POWER Costs per pig place
Total Power costs per finished pig £ 1.52
Power estimated at £0.10 Kw/hr
YEARLY PERFORMANCE CHECK
We at ARM Buildings offer a ‘MOT’ service for buildings to help pig farmers run their controlled-environment houses more efficiently. An annual routine check will let farmers know that their piggeries—particularly finishing houses– are performing to optimum levels.
This service will include: Calibration settings for fans and inlets, building performance, Dicam training, building settings and pressure test and air speed measurement.
Inlet calibration can be undertaken along with checking of Dicam drivers; if electrical work or fan replacement is required then advice can be given.
A fee of £300 will cover the visit and advice. If you would like to be included in this planned annual performance calibration please contact Tim Miller on 07 976 701 144